- it won't fit on 2008-2018 KTM 690 and it won't fit on Husqvarna 701.
- it won't fit on GasGas ES/SM 700.
- top case use - only on the road. Top case shouldn't be used off-road.
- max weight 6 kg, including the top case.
- appropriate Givi/Kappa or SW-Motech hardware is needed to mount the top case.
Content of the hardware kit
---A. Installation of the kit
A. Installation of the kit
2. Remove the M6 bolt marked on the photo below.
3. Place the stepped spacer and RHS bracket, as shown on the photo below.
The extruded part on the spacer is placed into the pocket on the bike. Use M6x40 allen head bolt and M6 R14 washer.
Tighten by hand.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3, on the other side.
5. Place 9 mm spacers, as shown.
6. Place the Extension plate on top of the spacers and fix it with the M6x30 countersunk bolts.
Front holes - make sure the bolts are going through the holes on the stainless steel brackets. All should align easily. Use only M6 safety nuts (supplied with the Extension plate) on the underside, no need for washers.
Rear holes - use M6 safety nuts and small washers.
7. Tighten everything. Don't overtighten.
B. Installation of Givi/Kappa Monokey Top case1. Following hardware is needed and it can be purchased from Givi dealers.
Almost all aforementioned hardware is sold by SW-Motech too, as a kit - HERE.
Also, all aforementioned hardware, except Z2710 grommets, are sold by Givi as a kit - Givi Z2309R.
2. Place the M6 small washers in the shallow circular pockets, as shown on the photo.
3. Fix the mushroom shaped parts using M6x25 countersunk bolts from above and use washers and safety nuts on the underside.
4. Install pyramid shaped part, as shown on the photo. Cavity on the pyramid shaped part should face forward. Use small M6 washers and M6x16 button head bolts on the underside.
4. Insert rubber grommets as shown bellow. Make sure the rubber grommets are properly seated. Use drop of super glue to make sure grommets will stay in place.
5. Install Givi or Kappa Monokey top case. Make sure everything clicks in place. Check if top box is firm and secure.
D. Installation of Top Luggage rack and SW-Motech Top case
1. SW-Motech Adapter kit for Trax needed (purchased separately).
You will use two M6x25 and two M6x20 countersunk bolts to mount the pucks. I suggest getting the zinc coated steel bolts, in 10.9 or 8.8 quality. Every good hardware shop should have those.
2. Position the mounting pucks in shallow pockets, as shown below. Use M6x25 countersunk bolts for rear pucks and M6x20 countersunk bolts for front pucks. Use M6 small washers and safety nuts from below.
Make sure to place the pucks into shallow large circular pockets and tighten all bolts. Do not overtighten, as plastic covers can be deformed.
3. Install the sheet metal part as shown below. Tighten by hand.
4. Install the top case and the close the top box latch. Let the sheet metal place finds its position. Remove the top case and tighten sheet metal part.
5. Install SW-Motech top case. Make sure everything clicks in place. Check if top box is firm and secure. If needed, readjust the position of sheet metal flange.