Perun moto Ducati DesertX GPS R12 mount - Installation Instructions
These instructions are for Gen2 GPS R12 mount. Only difference between Gen1 and Gen2 GPS mounts is in the stainless steel side supports - new side supports provide more clearance from the windshield and have integrated slots for cable management.
Content of the kit
1 x Upper aluminum clamp (with one integrated spacer)
1 x Lower aluminum clamp (with two integrated spacers)
2 x Stainless steel sides
1 x Aluminum 12 mm bar
1 x M6x25 bolt,
2 x M6x30 bolt,
2 x M6x12 bolt,
6 x M5x10 bolt,
2 x M6 washers.
1. Undo four bolts marked with red and remove the windscreen.
2. Undo three bolts marked with red and remove the plastic cover.
3. Clean the threads marked with red, if they are gummed with excessive thread locker.
This is a great time to wire a GPS cradle to the bike, if you haven't done it by now -unofficial HOW TO.
4. Pre-assemble the GPS mount, using six M5x10 bolts. Leave all the bolts loose so parts can move freely. Note the orientation of the brackets. Side with the engravings goes up.
5. Reinstall the plastic cover and secure it with the pre-assembled GPS mount.
If you don't have spare pair of hands, install the upper bolt first, it will hold the plastic cover in place.
Use M6x30 bolts for lower bracket and M6x25 bolt for upper bracket.
Use Loctite 243 or similar thread locker! Avoid using high strength thread locker.
Make sure the plastic cover sits in place and everything is nicely aligned. Tighten M6 bolts to 5 Nm. Do not overtighten!
6. Push the sides slightly apart and slide the R12 bar between them. Make sure the rectangular part of the bar sits nicely in the slots on the sides so it can move up-down.
Use M6 washers and M6x12 bolts to tighten the bar. No need to use Loctite, unless you are sure that height adjustment is perfect for intended use.
7. Make sure everything is aligned and tighten the side bolts to 4-5 Nm. Do not overtighten! Reinstall the windscreen.
8. Finished! After first ride, check if everything is nice and firm.